If your agency is following our programs for renewal reviews or converting inbound calls into opportunities, you may face this dilemma. Let us help give you some options!
If your agency has embraced the APP philosophy of educating clients when they call in, and you stick to it, you will run into one speedbump. Some clients call in routinely even if we already asked them for other lines or increases. What do we do now?
Don't panic! We have some simple strategies to stay on track but still get the results you are looking for!
A Few Things To Remember
The average adult has to hear the same thing 9x before they remember it.
Think of it this way - you watch the same Coca-Cola ad several times... does it bother you?
Would you think it's odd if McDonald's didn't ask you for fries? Would you be concerned?
While we think every client remembers everything we say, they most likely don't!
Many people need frequent reminders, and when the client knows you believe something is important, they are more likely to take it seriously.
Bottom Line: We will need to create frequent reminders for clients to get them to act!
How To Follow Up (Without Seeming Like a Sleazy Sales Person!)
Let's be honest, many of you just mastered asking, and that deserves to be celebrated! That's a HUGE accomplishment. The next endeavor is learning how to follow up with people. It may have been awkward learning to ask, but you got there. You can do this, too! We want to give you a few examples of how you can follow up for success.
- Just wanted to check in. Did you give any more thought to...
- Hey, did you hear about X? Remember when we talked about Y? You may really want to consider that!
- Hey, did you hear about that apartment fire? Remember when we talked about renters insurance? You may really want to consider that.
- While I have you, last time we talked, we reviewed your need for X. I wanted to make sure we took a minute to help you with that.
As you can see, the goal is to follow up, follow up, follow up.
Watch - as they see you taking their insurance seriously, they will consider it more seriously as well!
Open it Up To Other Suggestions
Sometimes, we get so hung up on home and auto that we don't think about other lines. We have toys, life insurance, and even pet insurance! Don't forget to look at increasing coverage, payment strategies, and referrals. If you aren't comfortable hammering the same policy over and over again, you can try these items:
- Pet Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Crossing Over to a Different Department
- Coverage Improvement
- New Endorsements
- Payment Strategies (EFT or Pay In Full)
- Ask for a referral
- Just ask if they have any other policies with other agents - you don't know what you may find!
- Investment prosperities
Try to open your mind to all the ways your agency can help a prospective client.
Remember - the goal of a great service call is to educate clients and teach them something new!